*
*
*
*
*

BEAUTY PT. 2




My last beauty post was just over a year ago, and 'top shelf-ing' yourself is a fun thing to do, so I thought I'd update on products I've been using/loving lately.  Plus, my Diptyque candle finally has started its new life as a brush holder and I got a new tray from CB2, so my things look pretty and organized!
 
I thought I'd include a bit of skin care this time, which is all Aveda.  I love their Botanical Kinetics Purifying Gel Cleanser, which has a subtle, but beautiful aroma and leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean without over-drying.  I have a large bottle of the Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion as well, which I use year round, but in the winter I use the Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Creme as well.
 
As for makeup, products I've been using daily include: Aveda Inner Light Tinted Moisturizer in Aspen (dewy skin!), NARS The Multiple in Orgasm (my usual powder blushes - NARS Desire and Gaiety - are on hold until warmer months), YSL Mascara in a burgundy shade (I wanted to try this out with my hazel eyes, but I think I'll go back to black next time), Fresh Sugar Lip Balm (this has been a favourite for awhile, and Sephora gave 2 mini ones as a birthday gift. Great birthday gift, Sephora!), Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and Brush (thanks to Bernadette for the tip), MAC Ruby Woo lipstick (Ruby Woo forever) and Chanel polish in Frenzy.  Note:  Do not add up the total cost of your nail polish collection, no do not do that.
 
I recently chopped off my hair to a chin-length cut, so I've been experimenting with products that will keep it from looking too sleek (a matte, textured look is my favourite). I'm still using Bumble and Bumble Texturizing Creme and Surf Spray, but have introduced Oribe's Apres Beach Spray as well(also, this stuff smells like watermelons).
 
What are your favourite products?

22 comments:

  1. I got the two mini fresh sugar lip balms from sephora as well for my birthday, I was really feeling the love there. Nicest freebies I ever got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bumble and bumble surf spray! I've been using it for years and it's still my go-to texturizer. I also love sugar lip balms! your collection is so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with the birthday freebies. thsi year gettign 2 mini fresh lip balms was great. on the second photo that you posted, in the front of your lipsticks - is that a tom ford lipstick? also i don't even want to think about totalling up the sum for all the chanel polishes i have. especially since i know their formula doesn't last me longer than 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's tom ford! a gift from my boyfriend last Valentine's Day <3

      Delete
  4. ✚ I just found your blog, it's so lovely and I love the name! ✚

    ReplyDelete
  5. well lets see your hair then! it was so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a photo on my instagram: http://instagram.com/thankyou_ok

      But perhaps I'll post one here, soon! xo

      Delete
  6. These are all great products! I love nail polish from Chanel, I'm trying to get all the colors! I love how you organized it, too! Trays are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of the Alima Pure tinted lipbalms. Never thought I'd use tinted lipbalms, but they feel more like a lipstick, less like a balm. Wine-stained lips all day, every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for a good tinted lip balm, so I'm definitely going to check that out! thank you

      Delete
  8. Oooh I am going to try that Aveda tinted moisturizer, it sounds lovely. Frenzy has been my go to polish all fall long, too. Thanks for all the top shelf tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog x what type of camera do you use? Your photos always look so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! Not that I need any more temptations to purchase a Diptyque candle, but does it ever look good as a makeup brush holder.

    I'd love to see your new 'do. I'm guessing you get your hair cut at Aveda?

    Regarding products, once my pockets are a bit deeper I plan to splurge on Rodin Olio Lusso. It just seems oh so good. Did you read Linda Rodin's interview on Into the Gloss?

    ReplyDelete
  11. a great post! i always like to see what products people love to be inspired what to try but also just because i'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been totally beauty product obsessed lately, and have been poring over the archives of those Into the Gloss Top Shelf posts. It's great to see yours! Carlos (who I saw on my lunch break today:))is so sweet to buy you Tom Ford lipstick for Valentines Day! Andrew would never in a million years think it is ok to spend $50 on a lipstick. I mean, I even think it's a little crazy myself, but I would still LOVE to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to yet try Aveda. Nice selection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog, so so so good! I don't use make up but this post makes me want to :(

    http://wh4reever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your top shelf. The Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and Brush are amazing - I'm thinking of investing in the brown for day & the undressing cream is a must!

    herribbonsandherbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh we have similar products
    Have you ever tray dermalogica daily scrub??
    Amazinggg

    ReplyDelete