*
*
*
*
*

GOOD EATS IN THE NINTH



You pretty much need seven stomachs to visit the Ninth. I was looking forward to trying Rose Bakery, which was our original destination, but Gill and I also came across some of the places listed in this article.


Hotel Amour was just beautiful. Look at those cupcakes! That terrace! The croissants and flowers! It would have been a wonderful experience to stay here, no doubt.






I really liked the look of these bicycles lined up outside the hotel. I desperately need a bike.



La Maison Mere, located next to Hotel Amour, specializes in cheeseburgers and stylish servers. Although we didn't stop for lunch here that day, Gill and I returned for a late dinner one evening. She had the cheeseburger, and I, the steak frites. Our server was wearing an adorable romper with a denim fisherman's vest over top - so cute. The atmosphere here at night was incredible - as it was at many other neighbouring restaurants. Such a great area.


That day, we enjoyed our brunch at Rose Bakery's original location. The servers here were SO friendly, which made the experience even more lovely.



The staff all wore these striped aprons by Comme Des Garcons, which were available to purchase.



Upon recommendation I ordered the eggs benedict and the carrot cake for dessert (although it was difficult to decide).


They also had a range of takeout items - pizzas, quiches, salads, and, of course, lots of desserts.



I'll have to get my hands on their cookbook.



Of course there wasn't a shortage of delicious looking bakeries and cheese shops all over the Ninth. See what I mean? At least seven stomachs.




25 comments:

  1. these pictures are a feast for the eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need seven stomachs here indeed :-) Mmmm these food shots are looking way too good! I live just around the corner of Rose Bakery, really nice to see my neighborhood through your eyes! Did you also stumble upon Place Gustave Toudouze? That's really lovely as well! Bonne soirée à toi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. being a huge fan of the Rose Bakery cookbook i just adore your pictures!!! I´m so hoping to come to paris soon and have lunch there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to go to rose bakery so badly thanks so much for sharing these they are excellent x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is amazing! I would have a hard time choosing, such a dreamy spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be there!! Love the photos, especially those cute bikes! And the window shot of the bakers. Nicely done, as usual

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. Never mind stomachs but eyes too. That's a lot of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh gosh I would love to have one of those cupcakes right now!! yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh my goodness, all those pastries and goodness. I want one of those striped aprons. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUCH a bad idea to look at these on an empty stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely photos ... and all that delicious food!! Oh my, I think I have serious food envy right now!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my god, I die! these pictures are gorgeous and I can practically taste the food through my screen! aaaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  14. how lovely is rose bakery. I can't wait to go again

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love love loved this post! love this blog!

    http://insidethebelljar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow. i wanna be in france right now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my! what a beautiful collection of delicious treats. one of each please!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful photos. That bakery looks amazing and how adorable that they all wear those striped aprons

    ReplyDelete
  19. delicious! hope i see all these places&food this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I go to Paris in 20 days! I cant wait, the food, my friends, family...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just posted on the 9th/Rose B today..
    yet I'm drooling here
    never enough RB

    ReplyDelete