*
*
*
*
*

MITTENS AND GLOVES

“Mittens & Gloves are two sister cats who live in the hills of Mount Washington overlooking downtown LosAngeles. We were roommates for a while. They came with the house I moved into in 1999. I never paid rent to them, but I fed them and we spent many hours together lounging around the house, looking for shade in the hot Los Angeles summers. Mittens and Gloves sweetened my afternoons, expressing an entire emotional world with their little furry bodies. I couldn’t stop watching them, observing them, and one day I grabbed a black marking pen and started to sketch them. No sooner had I started one drawing, Mittens and Gloves would yawn or stretch, clean their fur or walk across the room to eat again. Every time they moved I felt compelled to start another drawing and then another and another. I found myself trying to capture each new pose. You hold a selection of these drawings in your hands. I’ve left Los Angeles and no longer live with Mittens and Gloves. This book is an homage to my furry friends.”


This book by illustrator Monika Müller-Kroll is the cutest thing ever and I'm not even a cat lover. I saw it today at The Books and regret not buying it. You can see a little video showing the inside of the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment